Medical Pharmacology ePortfolio: February

Wow, another month gone already! This month has been very packed as our program is reaching an end. We finished our last Med Pharm block exam, which leaves us with one final assessment, the Shelf Exam. Although the exam seems daunting in that it encompasses all of the pharmacology we have learned so far, I believe that our class has been more than prepared. It is amazing to look back at old material and see how much I remember. I noticed that although we have gone through many different pharmacological approaches in many biological systems there has been major overlap in all the concepts. I find myself able to answer questions that I had previously struggled with, just due to the growth in general concepts I have gained throughout the program. This makes me feel confident that I have truly benefited from this program and will be able to use these skills as a future medical student.

I have used my time this month to organize and prepare for the next few stressful months. I am applying to medical school this summer, looking for opportunities during my gap year, and preparing for the conclusion of the master's program. Any transition period is difficult, but I am utilizing Tulane's excellent advising resources to begin the application processes and prepare for my post-masters future. With these resources I have been able to create an amazing timeline for what needs to be done and when. Planning strategies for transition periods is the best and least stressful way to handle difficult periods. I am thankful that Tulane provides the necessary resources, because otherwise I would feel incredibly lost right now. 

Sadly, I was not able to participate in community service this past month. Typically, community service is therapeutic for me because it provides an escape from stress and a focus on helping someone in need. Luckily, next month will be jam packed with community service opportunities, which will help me stay relaxed and focused so I can finish the semester strong. I am signed up for tutoring at the Children's Hospital (where I am also involved in research) for the first time. I have always loved tutoring and wanted to participate in tutoring through the hospital, but my schedule always had a conflict. Luckily, next month's schedule provides me with enough wiggle room to squeeze in this service opportunity. 

Till next month!
- Adam

February Community Service Hours: 8
Spring Semester Community Service Hours: 8

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Medical Pharmacology ePortfolio: August

Medical Pharmacology ePortfolio: October

Medical Pharmacology ePortfolio: December